With the New Year and New Year Resolutions often comes deciding which healthy diet will work best for your body. We can’t stress enough the importance of talking to your Phoenix doctor about any new diet or exercise plans you’re thinking of taking up in the New Year. But, with that said, WebMD has published a list of the most popular and the healthiest diet plans for 2013. Here’s what they had to say:
MyFitnessPal, a free web site and smartphone app, got top satisfaction marks in the survey.
Weight Watchers got the highest satisfaction marks of the four commercial diet plans rated by dieters.
According to a recent Consumer Reports survey of over 9,000 participants, Weight Watchers was the diet plan of the new year, and MyFitnessPal is the 2013 app. Here’s how they stacked up:
- Weight Watchers, 74. The plan assigns a “PointsPlus” value to each food based on the nutrient content. It encourages physical activity. Users get support at meetings or online.
- Medifast, 70. This is a low-calorie meal replacement plan.
- Jenny Craig, 66. The approach includes branded meal replacements and personal consultations with a staff member.
- Nutrisystem, 56. This approach includes branded meal replacements and online tools for weight control.
- MyFitnessPal, 83. This free web site and smartphone app includes a food and exercise diary.
- Paleo Diet, 80. This ”eat-like-a-caveman” approach includes eating lean meats, fruit and fish, and non-starchy vegetables. Users avoid cereal grains, legumes, dairy, and processed foods.
- Mediterranean Diet, 77. Users eat plant-based meals with olive oil and limit dairy, red meat, and refined carbohydrates such as sweets.
What Works For You?
What weight loss plans and motivational tools will you use in 2013? There are plenty of options to choose from, but how do you know which ones are the best for your situation?
In order to determine the best products for your health goals, talk to your Phoenix doctor regarding your weight history and health history. You’ll need to have a great grasp of your likes and dislikes as far as diet and exercise, as well as your daily routines and any challenges to that routine.
Routine and habit play a huge role in determining which tools will work best for you. Of course, there are many questioners and quizzes available online to help you determine the best diet plan, but honestly speaking to your Phoenix physicians truly is the best route to take. Involving your doctor in all of your weight loss and healthy goals for 2013 will greatly improve your outcomes and will help to keep your goals realistic.
About Family Practice Specialists
From dermatology to in-house labs and x-rays, to botox and cardiac function testing, the professionals at Family Practice Specialists in Arcadia have the experience to point you in the right direction for a healthy 2013. Give us a call now! Give us a call at 602.955.8700 or visit our offices located at 4350 E. Camelback Rd., Ste F100, Phoenix, AZ 85018.